|Is there Glyphosate in Non-GMO Feed that the chickens, turkeys, & pigs are eating?
We used to use regular Non-GMO feed but found out(partly through help of several of our inquiring customers – thank you!) that Non-GMO feed can be & often is sprayed with chemicals that include glyphosate (the major chemical component in Round-Up). The World Health Organization (WHO) has actually come out and said that Glyphosate could cause cancer.
What was our option? We looked for an alternative. Found out that there are lots of cheap non-gmo feeds out there. So we started asking questions. We have learned to beware of feeds (most of which are also cheap) that….
- are not laboratory tested for GMO contamination.
- have not been laboratory tested for pesticides and herbicides.
- use “closed formulas” or improperly tagged bags.
- hide inferior ingredients by pelletizing.
- use cheap copies of industry leading Fertrell Minerals.
- use “Least Cost Formulation” and fillers to lower their price point.
- have not been formulated by a respected nutritionist.
We wanted an excellent option. We considered Organic but found out that even Organic feed is seldom, if ever, tested and they charge high prices – two strikes against it.
After research, we found a feed supplier out of Pennsylvania that is sourced by organically grown feed but that is then tested after it is grown and so is guaranteed to be: GMO Free, Pesticide Free, Herbicide Free, Non-Medicated, & USA produced. We met with one of the company reps and asked a number of questions to ensure the quality. We walked away in confidence that we had found an excellent, reliable solution. This is what we supplement our animals that need a grain protein (meat & egg laying chickens, turkeys, & pigs).